In our schools, we are leading teachers who are dealing with students who are dealing with traumatic situations. In addition, these teachers themselves may also be experiencing stress and trauma in their own lives. These situations can lead to burnout and impact the mental and physical heath of educators. Designed for leaders in the field of education, this introductory virtual workshop will teach participants how they can confidently and meaningfully support teachers as they care for trauma-impacted students and their own trauma-related issues. This workshop will also help education leaders understand how to move their school forward toward being trauma-sensitive.
This live virtual workshop is offered in a Zoom webinar format with frequent breakout opportunities for participants to discuss the content and deepen their understanding of it in small groups.
- Session Duration: 2 hours
- Maximum attendees per session: 30
- Private Group Sessions Available: Yes
Who Should Attend?
- School Administrators and Leaders
- School Board Members and District Officials
- Regional and Local Government officials and Policy Makers
- Overview of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) & trauma
- Overview of the current studies, and issues/situation impacting trauma
- Impacts of trauma on the brain, the reduction of executive function when people are under stress and trauma, complex trauma, and other factors impacting cognition and problem-solving related to trauma
- Impacts of trauma on us as leaders
- Trauma-sensitive Classroom and School Structures and Practices
- Understanding the importance of educator self-care and strategies to implement self-care with their staff
- Understanding of trauma and the impact traumatic experiences have on teachers
- Understanding of the development of and importance of a trauma-informed attitude and mindset by leaders
- Awareness of the factors that impact resilience and how to foster resilience in teachers
- Awareness of classroom and school-wide structures that support trauma-sensitive practices
Upcoming Classes & Workshops
John Eller, Ph.D.
Dr. John Eller’s experience spans a wide variety of roles and leadership in many organizations. He utilizes his experiences as a school principal, a school district leader, a leadership center director, and the director of a doctoral program in educational leadership.
Dr. Eller conducts informative and engaging seminars and workshops across North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. In a addition to his work in the education sector, John conducts leadership seminars and serves as an executive coach for many US government agencies, educators, and businesses. He consistently gets rave reviews from his audiences because of his inspiring message of hope and clear strategies for success.
Dr. Eller is co-author of two popular books on the topics of trauma-sensitive instruction:
- Trauma-Sensitive Leadership: Creating a Safe and Predictable School Environment
- Trauma-Sensitive Instruction: Creating a Safe and Predictable Classroom Environment
This course can be tailored for private groups, schools, or other types of organizations. Contact us to learn more.