In our workplaces, there are people who are dealing with stress and traumatic situations outside of work. This situation can lead to burnout, reduced effectiveness, hostilities among employees, and other negative situations. Designed for Corporate and Federal Government Leaders, this introductory virtual workshop will teach participants how they can confidently and meaningfully support not just a trauma-impacted workforce, but all employees, and foster a positive and supportive workplace. This workshop will provide foundational insight into what leaders can do to understand the impact of stress and trauma, help build resilience, cope with adverse situations, and help your workforce produce at a high level.
This live virtual workshop is offered in a Zoom webinar format with frequent breakout opportunities for participants to discuss the content and deepen their understanding of it in small groups.
- Session Duration: 2 hours
- Maximum attendees per session: 30
- Private Group Sessions Available: Yes
Who Should Attend?
- Federal Government Leadership
- Corporate Executives and Leaders
- Managers and Team Leaders
- Overview of causes and impacts of stress & trauma
- Impacts of trauma on the brain, the reduction of executive function when people are under stress and trauma, complex trauma, and other factors impacting cognition and problem-solving related to trauma
- Impacts of trauma on us as leaders
- Strategies that can be implemented to reduce stress and build a trauma-sensitive workplace
- Understanding of trauma and the impact traumatic experiences have on employees
- Understanding of the development of and importance of a trauma-informed attitude and mindset by leaders
- Awareness of the factors that impact workforce resilience and how to assist leadership in gaining this awareness
- Awareness of workplace structures that support a trauma-sensitive workplace
- Understanding of how to support leadership in gaining a trauma-sensitive mindset and assisting them in implementing trauma-sensitive practices in their organizations
John Eller, Ph.D.
Dr. John Eller’s experience spans a wide variety of roles and leadership in many organizations. He utilizes his experiences as a school principal, a school district leader, a leadership center director, and the director of a doctoral program in educational leadership.
Dr. Eller conducts informative and engaging seminars and workshops across North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. In a addition to his work in the education sector, John conducts leadership seminars and serves as an executive coach for many US government agencies, educators, and businesses. He consistently gets rave reviews from his audiences because of his inspiring message of hope and clear strategies for success.
Dr. Eller is co-author of two popular books on the topics of trauma-sensitive instruction:
- Trauma-Sensitive Leadership: Creating a Safe and Predictable School Environment
- Trauma-Sensitive Instruction: Creating a Safe and Predictable Classroom Environment
This course can be tailored for Corporate or Government organizations, or any type of private group. Contact us to learn more.